Reflection to Self: Can’t remain stagnant!

Hyperdocs, Flipgrid, Choice Grids, BookSnaps, Desmos, oh my!! My brain is seizing and well… my brain just froze.  What do I do? There are so many tools for student agency, strategies for engagement and multiple representation!  So much is shared and readily available to implement into the classroom.  I should be motivated to make changes, right?  Room 14 is claiming that SeeSaw is giving students the ability to reflect and demonstrate skills, while Room 32 is demonstrating at staff meetings how Google Slides allows students to collaboratively capture  and describe processses through the NGSS experiments.  AAAAHHHH!

That’s it!  I’ll just continue with my practices.  Why take a risk?  I’m flustered and haven’t received any training on any of the tools! I’m comfortable with what I have always done.

Okay…breathe…I have to find MY access point.  My district and site has a vision; a mission. With that in mind, I question which pathway I can access.   What will be my focus; my starting point?  To practice the art of pedagogy, I choose what  I will need to implement… The struggle (amongst my students and I ) will determine the innovative pathway needed.  What will I try, smash and tweak to mold strategies relevant to the students in my learning community? This is how I can start to personalize education.

But still, how can I possibly find the time to mold and personalize strategies for my students?  Where do I find the resources?  How do I receive training?  Well,  NOTE TO SELF:  I do have coaches and mentors that are available…I need to take a step forward to reach out!  On top of that,  I’m sure if I discussed possibilities with my grade level colleagues, I would receive direction and guidance.  I can research my focused struggles through Twitter or other Professional Learning Communities on line.  Sitting and waiting is making me more illiterate in the learning process and within the “common unity” in my district.

Staring at my blank lesson plan book, mentally admiring what others are doing…I need to find a focus, a starting point to step forward.  I need to take agency and identify what I CAN DO because our #KidsDeserveIt !