Cheering on Transformation!

As I observe the Twitter feed, amazing educational leaders from the CUE conference shout out, #TLAP chats share and inspire… George Couros, David Burgess, and Katie Martin embrace educators and charge them with empowerment and relevancy.  Will there be lull at some point with “this movement” of innovation and change?  The answer is no!  These educators know that our world is vastly changing, therefore the way we connect and relate with our students must change as well.  Educators that are sharing, publishing and advocating for our students.

Grant Lichtman, leader in transforming education and author of  Moving the Rock, inspired me to cheer a little louder and push a little harder so our students within the educational systems K-12 and the University level, are equipped with deeper thinking skills; exercising how to learn, valuing feedback, and accessing metacognitive skills in order to grow.  Sit ’n’get, reading from decade old textbooks, and measuring knowledge through percentages and scores is outdated!  It’s about being able to make connections and being able to relate to the inquired knowledge.  When both components are in tack,  intrinsic motivation is activated because the knowledge is relevant and engaging.  We know this…But now we need to make such transformation happen, let’s create momentum for change.  As quoted by Grant Lichtman’s book- “Let’s roll!”

I vow not to be a bystander and wait for a directive.  I will keep reaching out and connecting to educators in my district and through the Twitter PLN.  I want to reach out to recognized school sites, to learn and see transformational institutes that have broke free from industrial ways.  To my colleagues and fearless leaders- let’s keep exploring, refining, sharing and celebrating together!  To the Twitter PLN- thank you for making me a better educator.  I am not confined to mediocrity, but empowered with what is possible!